- Thelma the Unicorn by Aaron Blabey*
- The Cat Wants Custard by P. Crumble* and Lucinda Gifford*
- The White Mouse: The Story of Nancy Wake by Peter Gouldthorpe*
- How the Sun Got to Coco’s House by Bob Graham*
- Tidy by Emily Gravett
- Boomerang and Bat by Mark Greenwood** and Terry Denton*
- Fish Jam by Kylie Howarth**
- The Day the Crayons Came Home by Oliver Jeffers and Drew Daywalt
- Do Not Open This Book by Andy Lee and Heath McKenzie*
- What’s Up Mumu? By David Mackintosh
- Me, Teddy by Chris McKimmie*
- Pandamonia by Chris Owen** and Chris Nixon **
- A Beginner’s Guide to Bear Spotting by Michelle Robinson and David Roberts
- Mike I Don’t Like by Jol and Kate Temple* with Jon Foye*
* Australian Author / Illustrator ** West Australian Author/ Illustrator
The books on the list have been nominated by the young readers of Western Australia and it is important that you carefully consider your selection policy before purchasing.
Individual authorities are expected to make their own decisions regarding any controversial aspects of books purchased for their readers.
You do not have to purchase all the books to participate in the voting.