- Pig the Fibber by Aaron BLABEY *
- Lest We Forget by Kerry BROWN*, Isobel KNOWLES*, & Benjamin PORTAS *
- Hello from Nowhere by Raewyn CAISLEY ** & Karen BLAIR**
- My Father the Great Pirate by Davide CALI & Maurizio A.C. QUARELLO
- Blue Whale Blues by Peter CARNAVAS *
- Punctuation Mark by Belinda ELLIS
- Red : a Crayon’s Story by Michael HALL
- The Red Poppy by David HILL & Fifi COLSTON
- One Step at a Time by Jane JOLLY* & Sally HEINRICH*
- My Two Blankets by Irena KOBALD * & Freya BLACKWOOD *
- Anzac Ted by Belinda LANDSBERRY *
- A is for Australia by Frané LESSAC **
- An Aussie Year : Twelve Months in the Life of Australian Kids by Tania McCARTNEY * & Tina STERLING *
- Little Red Riding Hood (Not Quite) by Yvonne MORRISON & Donovan BIXLEY
- The Soldier’s Gift by Tony PALMER* & Jane TANNER *
- The Great and Wondrous Storyteller by Michael Scott PARKINSON **
- Not a Cloud in the Sky by Emma QUAY *
- Lucas and Jack by Ellie ROYCE * & Andrew McLEAN *
- The Unlikely Story of Bennelong and Phillip by Michael SEDUNARY * & Bern EMMERICHS *
- Here in the Garden by Briony STEWART **
* Australian Author / Illustrator ** West Australian Author/ Illustrator
The books on the list have been nominated by the young readers of Western Australia and it is important that you carefully consider your selection policy before purchasing.
Individual authorities are expected to make their own decisions regarding any controversial aspects of books purchased for their readers.
You do not have to purchase all the books to participate in the voting.